DC to Richmond High-Speed Rail Project MeetingDecember 8, 2015
Source: Mary Ann Barton | Kingstowne-Rose Hill Patch
Interested in improving transportation from DC to Richmond? Virginia and federal officials will be meeting with interested residents Wednesday, Dec. 9, in Springfield, at the Hilton Springfield, 6550 Loisdale Road. An open house is scheduled from 5-7:30 p.m. with a presentation at 6 p.m.
The meeting will be the third round of public information meetings to develop a plan to improve travel in Virginia. The Virginia Department of Rail and Public Transportation (DRPT) and the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) invite local residents to attend and discuss alternatives to improve intercity passenger rail service from Washington, D.C. to Richmond.
During this meeting you can learn about and provide input on:
- The most feasible and reasonable improvement alternatives.
- Potential station locations.
- Track and safety improvements.
Need Assistance to Attend?
Meeting locations are accessible to persons with disabilities. DRPT strives to provide reasonable accommodations and services for persons who require assistance to participate. For special assistance, call the Title VI compliance officer, 804-786-4440 or TDD 711 at least 72 hours prior to the meeting date.
En Espanol: Si usted necesita servicios de traducción a participar, por favor manda un email: espanol@DC2RVArail.com. También puede llamar a la línea directa del proyecto a dejar comentarios: 888-832-0900.
General comments and questions may be submitted at any time throughout the project, although comments should be received by Friday, January 8, 2016, in order to be incorporated into the alternatives review process.
Ways To Provide Comment:
- Participate in our online meeting from December 7, 2015 – January 8, 2016
- Submit your comments through the online comment form: Click Here
- Email your comments electronically to email@example.com
- Leave comments on the toll-free project hotline: 888-832-0900 or TDD 711.
- Mail comments to: Emily Stock, Manager of Rail Planning, DC2RVA Project Office,801 East Main Street, Suite 1000, Richmond, VA 23219